Meeting rooms are free and available for use by government agencies and nonprofit groups engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual, recreational, or charitable activities.
All meetings must be open to the public and no fees may be charged.
Reservations should be made at least 48 hours and can be made up to three months prior to the meeting date. An email response will be sent to the requester within two business day with the status of the request.
The Library should receive notice of cancellation at least 24 hours in advance of the reserved time. Failure to notify the Library of a cancellation may result in future denial of meeting room use.
Signs for a group may not be displayed outside the meeting room. The Library will post a listing of meetings to be held in the meeting room. Use of the Library logo is prohibited.
Responsibilities of the Group
- A responsible group representative, age 18 or over, must be present for all meetings
- Supervision for the children of persons attending meetings.
- Financial liability for damages
- Observing the occupancy limit
- Obtaining required permits
- Furnishing materials and audio/visual equipment
- Room set-up
- Returning the room to the condition in which it was before the group used it
- Cleanup must conclude before the Library closes
- Drugs, alcohol, and the use of tobacco products
- Disruptive behavior
- Fires and cooking appliances, except for coffee makers
- Activities which impede the function of the Library
- The use of any equipment that interferes with Library operations or which creates losses or liability for the Library
- Signs, literature, or petitions outside of the meeting room except in designated areas
Group gives the Library permission to release the group contact name, address, and phone number in the event of public inquiy.
Penalties and Appeals
Failure to comply with the meeting room regulations or posted guidelines may result in denial of future use of a library meeting room, financial liability for damages, and/or immediate removal from the room. Any group denied use of a library meeting room may appeal the decision in writing to the Associate Director of Branch Services.
Agreement by Applicant Group to Indemnify and Hold the Johnson County Library Harmless for Damages Caused by Applicant Group and Its Guests and Invitees During Use of Meeting Room
NOTICE TO APPLICANT GROUP: Use of the Library Meeting Room imposes certain obligations on the applicant group with respect to any damages caused by the applicant group and its guests and invitees arising out of applicant group's use of meeting room.
Applicant group accordingly agrees to defend, indemnify and hold the Board of County Commissioners of Johnson County, Kansas, the Board of Directors for the Johnson County Library and the Library officers, employees and agents harmless from and against any and all losses, damages or liabilities of every kind and character arising out of claims or actions of any kind and character arising out of claims or actions of any kind which arise directly or indirectly out of applicant group's use of the Johnson County Library Meeting Room. The applicant group further agrees to investigate, respond to and provide a defense for any such claims or actions at its sole expense and agrees to bear all other costs and expenses related thereto, even if such claims or actions prove to be groundless, false, or fraudulent. Applicant group agrees to pay the Johnson County Library for any damages incurred by the library as a result of applicant group's use of said meeting room.
By clicking Continue, I agree that:
- the group that I represent is a Nonprofit group
- the meeting is open to the public
- that I will give 24 hours notice for cancellations
- my name, address, and phone number may be given to the public inquiring about my group's public meeting.
- I understand that my reservation is not confirmed until I have been contacted by Library staff.